Join us for a full-day seminar on concussions. Some of the guiding questions…
What is a concussion?
Who is affected by it? (Who is at most risk?)
What are some of the consequences/symptoms?
What is the current concussion protocol (given to coaches/trainers)?
What is Rowan’s law? (How has that changed the discussion?)
What is missing in the conversation?
How do we advance the standard?
Topics of Focus
- Pathophysiology of an mTBI (Mild traumatic brain injury)
- Nutritional impact on mTBI and brain health
- Activity/ Self-Awareness
- Return to work/ play
- Life after mTBI/ community
- Raise awareness specifically to the magnitude of concussions
- Provide a multi-tier approach to the foundational concepts regarding brain health
- Equip workshop participants with realistic and valuable strategies on ways to better themselves and those around them
We believe that mTBI’s are currently too common and not receiving the level of attention they deserve. Our intention with this seminar is to provide a safe space where we can grow this conversation, and ultimately to empower our Ottawa community.
Whether you’re a trainer, coach, health or medical professional, athlete (in contact or non-contact sports), or experienced a mild/major concussion in any way or just curious to learn more, we invite you to join us for a CONCUSSION DISCUSSION: ADVANCING THE STANDARD.
For all inquiries, please email me at email@example.com
When? Saturday, November 9, 2019, from 9 AM- 4 PM EST
Where? TBD Centertown Ottawa